Peppermint Basil Hot Chocolate
by Suzie Bellomo on December 14, 2022
This Peppermint Basil Hot Chocolate recipe warmed up our holiday spirit with its sweet and minty-herb taste! A few drops of our Il Fusti Basil Olive Oil gave this drink a smooth texture while adding buttery and peppery notes for a complex flavor. We were so happy with the result! Invite your loved ones to share a cup of this minty basil choco goodness!
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2% are best)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3 ounces finely chopped semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
A teaspoon of Il Fusti Basil Olive Oil
- Whipped cream, marshmallows, and crushed candy canes, for garnish (optional)
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from StripedSpatula.com.
In a pot, whisk together milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, Basil Olive Oil and peppermint extracts, and salt. Heat the pot on the stove on medium-low until bubbles start forming around the pan's side.
- Reduce heat to low, add chocolate and extracts, and whisk until melted, glossy, and thickened slightly for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a mug and top with lightly-sweetened whipped cream or marshmallows and a sprinkling of crushed candy canes.