These Lemon Greek Yogurt Popsicles were so yummy! Perfect for the Summer days when you want a cold, sweet afternoon treat. Our Il Fusti Lemon Olive Oil, fresh lemon juice, honey, and greek yogurt played so well together, creating a tart but wonderfully sweet taste. If you’re looking for a simple homemade option to bring to your next picnic, look no further!
- 3 large nectarines (1 1/2 cups smashed fruit)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 tablespoons Il Fusti Lemon Olive Oil
- A few pinches flaky sea salt
- Garnish fresh mint
- Slice nectarines, and either remove most of the peel or leave it, as desired. I left most on for color and texture.
- Place in small sauce pan with 2 tablespoons honey and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Heat over medium flame until fruit is soft and bubbling, 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend in blender or food processor until you reach desired texture. I left a few chunky pieces.
- Pour into bowl and set in fridge to cool.
- In separate bowl, mix yogurt, cardamom, and 3 tablespoons honey. Taste, and add additional honey if desired.
Add spoonful or two of yogurt to popsicle mold, drizzle in a touch of Il Fusti Lemon Olive Oil, then add a spoonful of fruit. Repeat, adding a sprinkle of flaky sea salt somewhere in the middle, until you reach 1/4 inch from the top of the mold. Marble using a chopstick or skewer.
- Cover popsicle mold with accompanying top and add popsicle sticks. Freeze at least 4 hours before running warm water over mold to remove popsicles. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
- Frozen yogurt variation: If you don’t have a popsicle mold and want to make this into a frozen yogurt, simply double the recipe and layer ingredients in same way in a freezer-safe container. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Stir every 30-45 minutes to avoid crystallization as much as possible.
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from Sonima.com