Basil Herb-Crusted Pork Cutlets
by Suzie Bellomo on April 26, 2023
We love trying new flavors in our kitchen, and this Basil Herb-Crusted Pork Cutlets recipe introduced us to a totally new taste that we love! Our Il Fusti Basil Olive Oil added an exciting layer of mint and pepper while creating a crispy coating. Will you give this one a try?
- 6 thinly sliced pork cutlets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, tarragon, sage, or oregano)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup Il Fusti Basil Olive Oil
- Flaky sea salt, for finishing
- Season the pork cutlets with salt and pepper.
- PREPARE A BREADING STATION: Place three shallow bowls on your work surface. Fill the first with the all-purpose flour, the second with the beaten eggs, and the third with the bread crumbs. Add the herbs and cheese to the bread crumbs and mix to combine.
- BREAD THE CUTLETS: Dip a cutlet into the flour and shake off the excess. Next, dip it into the egg and let the excess drip off. Finally, press the cutlet into the bread crumbs to coat it on all sides, then set aside. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
COOK THE CUTLETS: In a large sauté pan, heat the Il Fusti Basil Olive Oil over medium heat. Cook the cutlets until golden brown on each side, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from PureWow.com.
- Remove the cutlets from the pan and finish with flaky salt. Serve warm.