Valentine’s Lemon-Strawberry-Chocolate Millefeuille
by Suzie Bellomo on February 01, 2023
We made this Valentine's Lemon-Strawberry-Chocolate Millefeuille recipe in our test kitchen, and it achieved an excellent balance of tartness and sweetness with our Il Fusti Lemon Olive Oil. And it also pairs well with wine - what wine would you choose?
- Il Fusti Lemon Olive Oil
- 360 grams of dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content
- 4 dozen of Strawberries
- 400ml whipped cream
- 80g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 2 mint leaves
- 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons of Flaked almonds
Start by making the Chantilly cream in a blender.
2. First, add the vanilla sugar and pulse until very fine. Mix in the cream and whip until it stiffens, adding the icing sugar a bit at a time. It’s ready when it has a firm, creamy consistency.
3. Put the cream in a pastry bag and leave it in the coldest part of the fridge.
4. Now melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. When it starts melting, add a few drops of Il Fusti Lemon Olive Oil to make it glossy and extra-creamy.
5. Line a plate with greaseproof paper, place your heart-shaped mold on top, and spoon in 2 tablespoons of chocolate. Spread it with the help of a spatula and tap the plate lightly to get rid of any air bubbles and make the surface even.
6. This recipe is for a total of 8 hearts. If you don’t have a mold, you can make a circle or any other shape you like. Melted chocolate is very easy to work with.
7. Put the chocolate hearts in the freezer to set.
8. Now we’re going to fry some mint leaves in Il Fusti Lemon Olive Oil. When the oil is very hot, flash-fry the leaves, removing them quickly so they don’t burn. Place them on a piece of absorbent paper to drain off any excess oil and sprinkle them with icing sugar. Set aside.
9. Fry the flaked almonds in the same oil and drain on absorbent paper in the same way
10. While they are still hot, put flaked almonds in a fine-mesh colander and sprinkle them with a teaspoonful of icing sugar so that it caramelizes.
11. Cut the strawberries into thin slices.
Now you’re ready to assemble this spectacular Chocolate Millefeuille!
12. On the chocolate base, arrange the strawberries and the whipped cream, then top with another chocolate heart. Repeat the operation twice more.
13. Perfume the serving dish with grated lemon zest. Garnish with caramelized almonds, fried mint leaves, and all the love in the world. A dessert for lovers only.
This modified recipe and images were adapted and sourced directly from OliveOilFromSpain.Com. Il Fusti does not claim to have taken these photos but would love to give full credit to the original, amazing chef.