This Truffle Butternut Squash Soup is one of our kitchen's newest to-go soup recipes.
The pleasant and savory tastes, with subtle hints of pepperiness and earthiness from our Il Fusti Truffle Olive Oil, make it the perfect serving for the cold days this fall. Make sure to share it with your loved ones!
2 tablespoons Il Fusti Truffle Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (3-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- ½ tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the Il Fusti Truffle Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper and sauté until soft, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the squash and cook until it softens, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sage, rosemary, and ginger. Stir and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant, then add 3 cups of the broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the squash is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, pour the soup into a blender, work in batches if necessary, and blend until smooth. Add up to 1 cup more broth and blend if your soup is too thick. Season to taste and serve with parsley, pepitas, and crusty bread.
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from LoveAndLemons.com.