Roasted Winter Squash
by Suzie Bellomo on October 27, 2021
This roasted winter squash recipe is easy to make and can be adaptable to be savory or sweet! We started with a savory version by simply using salt, pepper, and our Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil. We are always happy with the results and look forward to exploring with our different flavored olive oils!
- 1-2 acorn/butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from Rachel Cooks
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Rinse squash thoroughly and cut each squash in half lengthwise from the stem to the bottom. No need to cut through the stem, just crack the squash in half and it will separate
- Remove seeds and pulp with a spoon
- Coat the inside liberally with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes Test with fork before removing from heat; the squash should be very tender
- Serve immediately or store in fridge for 1-2 days