This Roasted Pepper Caprese Salad adds a dynamic twist to the traditional favorite caprese salad. For this recipe, we used Organic Arbosano Extra Virgin Olive Oil and our Champagne Balsamic Vinegar. These ingredients together make a delightful side dish, perfect for sharing at a picnic or outdoor family gathering.
- 3 lbs mixed bell peppers and chiles (any more than 2 hot chiles and the peppers will end up spicy, which is delicious as long as you're ok with heat; a handful of shishitos are great as well), large peppers seeded, cut off cores and into quarters
- 6 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- ⅓ cup Organic Arbosano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 12 oz. fresh mozzarella
- Basil leaves (for serving)
- 1 Tbsp. Champagne Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Toss peppers, chiles, garlic, and oil in a Dutch oven or heavy roasting pan; season with salt and pepper and toss again to coat. Cover and roast, tossing occasionally, until peppers are very tender, 2–2½ hours. Let cool.
- Arrange half of peppers on a platter. Top peppers with mozzarella and basil. Measure out 3 Tbsp. of the oily juices left behind and transfer to a small bowl (save remaining peppers and their juices for another use; we love them tossed with pasta, layered into sandwiches, or stirred into frittatas). Add vinegar; season with salt. Stir to combine, then drizzle dressing over salad.
- Do Ahead: Peppers can be roasted 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.
For this recipe, we used: