If you haven't been a huge fan of brussel sprouts, we're guessing that 1.) You haven't tried it roasted with pancetta or bacon and 2.) We are about to change your mind with this recipe!
This recipe is the perfect side dish for any occasion, any time of the year. It's a great way to include vegetables into your meals and you won't have to force yourself into a large spoonful or a second helping. Feel free to use either pancetta or bacon — it is our secret ingredient for the perfect amount of salt and flavor.
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Il Fusti Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place Brussels sprouts in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Roast 30-35 minutes or until lightly charred and tender, stirring halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, cranberries and pancetta mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Recipe adapted from Taste of Home