Olive Oil Lemon Cake
by Suzie Bellomo on January 22, 2021
This Lemon Cake with our Estate Olive Oil is one of my all time favorite recipes! So easy and delicious.
- 1 cup Il Fusti Estate Olive Oil plus more for pan
- 2 cups flour plus more for pan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar plus more for top of cake
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease a 9 inch round cake pan with olive oil. Line with parchment paper, grease and flour parchment, shaking off extra flour.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on high, beat sugar, eggs and zest until very thick, about 5 minutes. Slowly drizzle in EVOO, mix until incorporated.
- Reduce speed to low, add milk and lemon juice, gradually add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan, sprinkle the top with about 2 tbsp. sugar.
- Bake until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack
For this recipe, we used: