These Lemon Olive Oil Sugar Cookies were such a treat! They came out soft and chewy and incredibly buttery. Surprisingly, these sugar cookies are made with no butter at all. Just our very own Lemon Olive Oil! Give these a try at your next gathering, or just to have around for a fun morning or after dinner treat.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1/3 cup Il Fusti Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a second large bowl, combine sugar and olive oil and mix with a spatula until it forms a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth. Fold in dry ingredients until just incorporated. You should have a fairly soft, oily dough.
- Fill a small dish with more granulated sugar. Scoop dough by the tablespoonful into balls and roll in sugar to coat. Arrange on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between cookies.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until tops are puffed and crackly and edges just start to turn light golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies are best enjoyed the day they are made, but will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from https://www.loveandoliveoil.com