The Lemon Fall Harvest Salad reminds us why we love a good bite of fresh salad in our kitchen.
Just add a splash of our Il Fusti Lemon Olive Oil for that tang and zestiness mixed with our favorite fall produce. Make sure to blend well and enjoy!
For The Dressing:
¼ cup Il Fusti Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup agave or honey would also work
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For The Salad:
- 1 large bunch kale washed, stemmed and shredded (6 cups)
- 1 apple sliced thinly
1 cup dried California figs cut into small pieces
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup pecans lightly toasted
- ½ cup goat feta, or blue cheese, crumbled
To make the dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a jar, put the lid on, and give it a vigorous shake. Set it aside.
- To make the salad: Drizzle the bottom of a large salad bowl with half of the dressing. Add in the kale and give it a toss.* Make sure that all the kale leaves are coated with the dressing.
- Add in the sliced apple, figs, pomegranate arils, and pecans. Drizzle it with the rest of the dressing and give it a gentle toss.
- Top it off with the cheese and serve immediately.
This recipe was adapted and directly sourced from FoolProofLiving.com.