Italian-Blend Honey-Glazed Ham
by Suzie Bellomo on December 21, 2022
We tried making a Honey-Glazed Ham made with our Il Fusti Italian-Blend Olive Oil, and the hint of rosemary and a peppery tang went great with our homemade casserole. We looked like rockstars in the kitchen! If you’re looking for a delicious herby honey-glazed ham, give this a try!
- 1 large (4 kg) smoke leg ham, skin on (or 2 small 2kg hams)
- Cloves for presentation
- 90g (1/3 cup) seeded mustard, plus extra to serve
- 90g (1/3 cup) dijon mustard, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons of hot English mustard, plus an extra to serve
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 300g honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 80g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
1 teaspoon of Il Fusti Italian-Blend Olive Oil
- 80ml (1/3 cup) sweet chili sauce
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part pounded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice 1 lime in a bowl
Drizzle some Il Fusti Italian-Blend Olive Oil
- Skin and peel the ham, leaving some fat on the leg. Using a sharp knife, score the ham in a criss-cross pattern, then push in one clove at the join of each score. Place the ham leg in a large roasting tin.
Combine the Italian-Blend Olive Oil, mustards, Worcestershire sauce, honey, chicken stock, and brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the glaze was reduced and thickened.
- Mix all the glazed ingredients in one bowl. Make sure to incorporate everything.
- Brush some of the glazes over the ham, then place it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Brush with more glaze three times as it bakes until the ham is golden and crispy.
- Pour the glaze from the roasting tin into a jug and brush over the ham immediately before carving. Serve with a range of mustards
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from GoodFoodShow.com.au.