Gluten-free Autumn Spiced Olive Oil Cake
by Suzie Bellomo on October 14, 2021
Slice up a gluten-free autumn spiced olive oil cake with browned butter glaze and see if your friends don’t rant and rave over the taste, texture and moistness. We couldn't believe this recipe was gluten-free; it was a true test of gluten-free success! With this recipe, we used our Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Its mild flavor is perfect for this as the spices really came through for a warm autumn treat.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (we used Bob's Redmill gluten-free 1 to 1 flour blend)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 3 Large eggs (room temp.)
- 1/2 cup Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cups coconut palm sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (browned)
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, eggs, olive oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Blend until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl add flour, almond meal, baking powder, salt, and spices. Blend completely.
- Using a paddle mixer, slowly add flour mixture to liquid mixture until fully incorporated.
- Pour into a greased bundt cake pan or into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until center is springy to the touch (cake should pull slightly away from the sides of the pan).
- Remove from oven and let cool. If using a bundt pan, invert onto a cooling rack five minutes after removing from oven.
- When cake is completely cool apply glaze.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Swirl sauté pan in a circular motion above heat until butter starts to brown. Remove from heat. Do not allow butter to burn.
- Place confectioner's sugar into a bowl and add browned butter. Stir. Add one to two tablespoons of milk to gain the right consistency (slightly runny).
- Pour glaze over the top of the cake. Slice and serve.
This recipe was modified from Glutenfreeyummy.com