This classic olive oil mayo recipe is a MUST have. With only 4 ingredients, and less than 10 minutes, this recipe puts store-bought mayo to shame. We used our delicious Manzanillo Olive Oil for this recipe and were overjoyed with the result. This homemade mayo is extremely easy to make and can be flavored with garlic, dill or even sriracha for those who like to jazz it up!
- 1 large egg yolk (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Manzanillo Olive Oil
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- Place the egg yolk in a medium-sized bowl. Add the lemon juice and whisk until frothy.
- Very slowly, begin adding the oil in a thin stream while whisking continuously. If the oil starts to build up at all, stop pouring and whisk vigorously until it is incorporated. Continue adding the oil while whisking until all the oil has been used.
- Whisk ¼ teaspoon of salt into the mayo. Taste and add more if needed.
For this recipe, we used: