We made these Chocolate Blood Orange Tarts and we think they’re the perfect thing for Valentine’s Day. We mixed in a dash of our Il Fusti Blood Orange Olive Oil and got surprising notes of citrus and zest that balanced the sweetness of the chocolate. We thought they were extra tasty served cold.
Pie Crust Ingredients:
2/3 cup Il Fusti Blood Orange Olive Oil
1/3 cup of water
1 teaspoon of salt
2 cups flour
2 Tablespoons of Il Fusti Blood Orange Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons of sea salt
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups Vanilla Almond Milk (use the same amount of heavy cream for a more decadent dessert)
12 cherries to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a standard muffin pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
Whisk Il Fusti Blood Orange Olive Oil and water with a fork for 2-3 minutes until emulsified and the mixture is cloudy in appearance.
- Add salt and flour and continue mixing with a fork.
- Spread on floured cutting board and finish combining by hand. Once the mixture becomes tacky, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough with a floured rolling pin to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut dough into circles with a mug or wine glass.
- Fill greased muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack before filling.
In a large bowl, combine chocolate, Il Fusti Blood Orange Olive Oil, and sea salt.
- In a small saucepan, bring almond milk to a bare simmer over medium-high heat.
- Immediately pour almond milk over the chocolate and let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir gently until the chocolate melts and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour chocolate into cooled pie shells and refrigerate until set, 30 minutes.
- Garnish with a cherry and serve.
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from WeOlive.Com