Treat yourself this winter with these Blood Orange Fudge Brownies! Our Blood Orange Olive Oil adds tang, zest, and citrus to the typical gooey fudge brownies. We think they pair well with warm milk or eggnog.
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
When the chocolate is melted, slowly add the Blood Orange Olive Oil and ¾ cup of sugar and mix with a whisk.
- Remove from the heat and add ¼ cup of the flour. If the mixture is still too liquid, add the remaining amount.
- Mix well and let cool for a few moments.
- Separate the eggs and add the egg yolks to the mixture, making sure that it is not too hot, so the yolks don’t cook. Mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, slowly adding the remaining sugar.
- Using a large spatula, fold the whisked egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
Lightly oil a round, springform cake pan with olive oil. Pour in the dough and bake your chocolate and Blood Orange Olive Oil cake in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Check the baking time with a knife or wooden toothpick.
- Brownies should be a little underdone. Edges will be set and a toothpick will come out a little wet from the center.
- After baking, do not remove your cake from the mold immediately; let it cool down to prevent it from breaking.
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from RecipesWithoOliveOil.com.