Bacon and Garlic Sour Cream Stuffed Potatoes
by Suzie Bellomo on February 22, 2023
We loved these Bacon and Basil Sour Cream Stuffed Potatoes. They’re a must for the cold weather. Our Il Fusti Garlic Olive Oil added a savory taste that played off the crispy potato layers. Serve them while hot and steamy.
- 4 Potatoes
- 3.5 oz (100 g) of Bacon
- 2.1 oz (60 g) of Sour Cream
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- Chopped Scallions
- 2 handfuls (grated) of Cheddar Cheese
- Il Fusti Garlic Olive Oil
- Boil the potatoes in slightly salted water, leave them to cool and cut in half.
- Use a spoon to carve a whole in the insides of the potatoes, but do not discard the insides.
Heat 2 tbsp of Il Fusti Garlic Olive Oil over medium heat and fry the sliced garlic in it slightly.
- Add the bacon pieces and stir until they're also fried.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add to the garlic and bacon that you carved out of the potatoes. Then add sour cream and chopped scallions. Mash them well and add the salt and cheddar cheese.
- Stir and fill the carved bits of the potatoes.
Drizzle with more Il Fusti Garlic Olive Oil on top of the potatoes.
Bake the delicious stuffed potatoes at 370°F (190 degrees) until they're lightly golden brown.
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from Bonapeti.com.