These Arbosano Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies were little bites of heaven! They were sweet and fruity with a hint of spice from our very own Arbosano Olive Oil. Although these treats would be delicious any time of year, we think the cold weather made them taste even better. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tbsps Il Fusti Arbosano Olive Oil
- 140g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- About 1/4 cup of icing sugar
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk egg and brown sugar until pale smooth, and creamy.
- Then add in olive oil gradually and whisk until the mixture is well-combined.
- Stir in all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon until the mixture is well-mixed.
- At this point, you’ll notice the dough is very soft and sticky. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 – 40 minutes to make it pliable.
- Preheat oven to 160C/325F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll it into balls (about a tablespoon per ball). Then roll the individual ball in the icing sugar and flatten them very slightly.
- Make sure that the balls are well coated with the icing sugar.
- Place the icing sugar-coated balls onto the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to rest for 5 – 10 minutes. After this time, the cookies will firm up.
- Keep the cookies in an airtight container for a few days or refrigerate them if you wish to keep them longer.
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from FussFreeCooking.com.