These Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies are a must-try! They are chocolatey and sweet with a hint of fruitiness and pepper, thanks to our Il Fusti Arbosano Extra Virgin Olive Oil. They tasted especially good when we paired them with hot cocoa. Make sure to try it for yourself!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
¾ cup Il Fusti Arbosano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- flaky sea salt (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well incorporated and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer (or mixing bowl with a hand mixer) combine white sugar, brown sugar, and Arbosano Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Mix on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
- Turn the mixer to medium speed and add eggs one at a time along with vanilla extract. Then mix on medium-high speed for about a minute.
- Add about half of the dry mixture into the bowl with the wet mixture and mix over low speed for around 10-15 seconds until combined. Then add the remaining dry mixture and mix for another 10-15 seconds until combined with no white streaks of flour remaining. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks and mix for a few seconds on low speed until well incorporated.
- Then remove the bowl from the stand and cover it with foil or cling wrap.
- Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour (ideally 3-4) and up to overnight.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a cookie scoop, measure out about 2 tbsp of dough and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes then remove them from the oven and immediately sprinkle the tops of the cookies with a little flaky sea salt.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from JamJarKitchen.Com.