Our kitchen is head over heels for Arbosano Candy Cane Cookies, and here's why: Il Fusti Arbosano Olive Oil (haha). It transforms each bite into a combination of rich and buttery flavors, redefining festive sweetness! Don't just take our word for it – dive into the holiday spirit yourself and treat your taste buds to the magic of these Arbosano Candy Cane Cookies.
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 packets Vanillina Powder, or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
3/4 cup Il Fusti Arbosano Olive Oil
- red food coloring as desired
- Set the oven temperature to 375F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
In another mixing bowl combine the eggs, the vanilla, the sugar, peppermint extract if using and the Il Fusti Arbosano Olive Oil. Whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon until fully combined and a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half and separate into two bowls.
- *For best results we recommend using a kitchen scale and weighing the dough.
- In one bowl, add enough red food coloring until the dough is a bright, vibrant red and work it in with your hands.
- Leave the remaining dough white.
- Take a Teaspoon of each dough and roll them both into ropes about 3-4 inches long and 1/4 inch thick. Twist them at both ends and bend the twist them into a hook shape to resemble candy canes.
- Place your cookies about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies have slightly browned.
This recipe was adapted and sourced directly from CookingWithNonna.com